Thursday, April 16, 2009

REAL HIP-HOP PRODUCERS 101:RZA,DR.DRE,TIMBALAND & THE NEPTUNES

REAL HIP-HOP PRODUCERS 101:RZA,DR.DRE,TIMBALAND & THE NEPTUNES
Yoa What’s going on everybody!!! Yeah It’s Ya boy Cali back from a long hiatus to drop some more “Real” Hip-Hop knowledge and incite in this day and age of {so-called}Real Hip-Hip. Now in the past my blogs have been long but I’m going to start to give more brief and definitive blog’s.

O.K. here’s a new topic I haven’t addressed yet... REAL HIP-HOP PRODUCERS!!! YEAH!!! Now some would say that I should put… let’s say Wyclef, Kanye, Puff Daddy, JD or Manny Fresh up in this mix but Ya boy Cali isn’t really down with Kanye’s funny style or Puffy’s ballin and happy go lucky dancing lifestyle. Kanye is a dope producer but his style is funny man..LOL!!!Beside's I covered Kanye on Saturday, March 15, 2008.I respect his struggle for respect but i leave it at that And JD well lol he has mostly only worked with Kids!!! LOL!!! Yeah he got Janet but that doesn’t make you Hip-Hop. And Wyclef screwed up Canibus: the Scientific Champ’s debut album “in my opinion” but he gave us The Fugees, Shakira, Santana and he is an activist and powerful Revolutionary. Now truthfully as a Militant I give him MUCH RESPECT AND SHOW HIM TRUE ADMIRATION TO THE CAUSE… but CALLOUS uses the brain of CANIBUS as a lyrical scientist. Manny is dope but that’s mostly in house. RZA is the best {in my opinion} as far as melodic wise. Dr.Dre is the most successful, and has been at it the longest and has produced the most platinum artists, Tim is just ILL as hell with his own swagger!!! Yeah he roll’s with Justin and Nelly Furtado but him and Missy made some groundbreaking stuff!!! And he has an ill original flow for a producer. The Neptune’s… well they just flat out span the entire spectrum… from Hip-Hop to Rock-n-Roll!!! The Bottom line a Good Hip-Hop producer can make or break an artist career!!! Like Clef Did Bis And a Real “Good” Producer like Dre actually “teaches” his artist to become great producers themselves. Dre is dope man and even tried to stop being Gangster after he left Death Row but The Aftermath Album was his only album that didn’t do “so well” so his wife told him to just keep it real and make that money. He gave us N.W.A. Ice Cube, Snoop, Em, 50,G-Unit and countless others. The Neptune’s gave us the Clips, N.E.R.D. and Pharrell is a real smooth spitter in his own rite. Now as far as THE RZA goes he can Do it all!!! Like Meth said on the first album “any producer any Dj..” Hell he has even expanded into producing movie soundtracks including Kill Bill Volume 1 and Blade Trinity. THE RZA is {in my opinion} actually “better” than Dre as far as esthetic’s and mysticism wise but yall know Dre be making commercial magic!!!lol!!!Well here are some of their videos and as always keep it CALLOUS!!!???

What u still here??? I SAID KEEP IT CALLOUS!!!
YOU KNOW I LOVE YALL!!!LOL!!!



DR. DRE “NOTHIN BUT A “G” THANG”
First Lets Start out With Dr. Dre’s All time classic Nothin But a G thang…



RZA AS BOBBY DIGITAL “YOU CAN’T STOP ME NOW”
Now here is a real dope new video.. Rza as Bobby Digital “You can’t stop me now” Now I just found this ill azz video and it show’s why Bobby is actually “better” than Dre even though Dre makes more money!!! Simply put Dre is just not as melodic. Now I know u might think I didn’t show some of Dre’s more modern stuff {like his stuff with Em} and it’s not a fair in comparison but “Nothin But a G thang” and “G Funk” changed the Industry for like 6 years. And while Dre has stayed the same over the years… Bobby keep’s Innovating and is now even “co-producing” futuristic video’s like this!!! Check it out!!! Its Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Strictly digital!!!




50 CENT “IN DA CLUB”
o.k ok. O.K… I know u Dresters “got’s” to be crying foul by now after that futuristic master piece by Bobby!!!!LOL!!!Mainly… because Dre is such a hit maker and RZA and The Wu might not be your taste. So here is one of Dre’s most successfully produced tracks ever in 50 cent’s “Up in Da Club”. Now Mind you CALLOUS iz the Anti-Thug and not a 50 fan but Dr. Dre’s accolades in Hip-Hop as a whole can not be ignored by a long shot.So let’s just keep it real ya know? I could follow up this video with one of RZA’s head bangers like let’s say “Tragedy” or “Triumph” but I already covered those Videos in previous blogs. But truthfully as a Wu-Head it really doesn’t matter. RZA is just the best in my opinion. Im not talking about “Commercial Rap” im talking about “Real Hip-Hop” There is a big Diffrence!!!LOL!!! This Song is “Rap music” and not actually “Real Hip-Hop” But this is about Dr. Dre’s skillz as a Producer so Enjoy!!!hahahaha!!!






TIMBALAND”THROW IT ON ME”
And here is Timbaland’s “THROW IT ON ME” truly ILL!!!LOL Not Real Hip Hop persay because it features the Hives but Tim is just ILL man!!!LOL!!!



MISSY THE RAIN(SUPA DUPA FLY)
And what would Timbaland be without his counterpart in crime Missy? With THE RAIN(Supa Dupa Fly) Now this is some Real "Fun-time" Hip-Hop!!! And really sky rocketed them both into the stratosphere!!! But Like I said this blog is about production skills and Tim is bar none one of The Greatest of all time!!!



THE CLIPSE “GRINDIN”
Yoa O.K… Like I’ve said time n time again in this Blog It’s really about Production more times than not in Hip-Hop.Now The Neptunes got there own swag and can produce there azz’s off!!!! And even though I don’t agree with THE CLIPSE lyric’s “AT ALL” …even I had to cop this album because of this track because it was that fire!!!GGGGGRRRRINDIN!!!





Now I could go on and keep putting up video’s but like I said earlier im trying to shorten up my Blogs..If you’re a Kenya fan “Stronger” would be the dopest.If you’re a Manny Fresh fan Fireman was Weezy’s jump off ect ect..But Sometimes people get “Real Hip Hop” confused with Production and Its my obligation as a REAL Hip-Hop purest to just give a few example’s of dope “modern production” because after all… REAL HIP HOP IS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT LYRIC’S NOT JUST THE BEATS PEOPLE!!!!HAHAHAH!!now that’s CALLOUS!!!Let's not forget The Root's who produce with actual Instrument’s and their Revolutionaries. Public enemy had dope production but unfortunately it did not stand the test of time like these "other" hit makes.Dre lived through the Golden{Pro-Black} era of hip-Hop and is still around today catch my drift? But Back in the Day everybody had Dj’s looping break beat’s and scratching Like Eric B and Rakim and were no where near the elaborate production of today. So that’s my opinion give me your’s and as always KEEP IT CALLOUS!!!

4 comments:

J-DoG said...

I agree with most of the blog, but I have to defend my boy Wyclef. He didn't ruin the first Caninus cd. I still think it the best showcase of Caninus' talent. There was a nice variety of beats.

For the record Dr. Dre is my favorite producer. Hot beats + Longevity = best producer ever.

CALLOUS!!! said...

Yoa I hear ya J-DoG but according to Bis himself & most of his Ripper's he did. Plus on The 2000 B.C. (Before Can-I-Bus) CD
he put Clef in "Shock Therapy" for not listening to him and doing thing's his way!!!lol and as far as Dre is concerned as a Militant I don't agree with half of what he produce's.But longevity wise, Award's wise& money wise Dre is The "Commercial" Leader.Plus I'm a die-hard Wu-head.So my opinon is kinda bias!!!lol!!! But thanks for your comment from the bottom of my Hip-Hop heart because your comment it was 100% dope!!!Lastly Thanks for visiting my blog and keeping it CALLOUS!!!

J-DoG said...

When I think of the best way to evaluate a producer, I think you should listen to the instrumentals. If there was a disc of the top 100 Dre beats, I'd probably skip 5 or 6 of them. If I heard the top 100 RZA beats, there would be around 10-15 that I would pass on. It has nothing to do with how many albums were sold or what lyrics were rapped over them. I have a lot of respect for the RZA, Primo, The Beatminerz and others. It's just that to me, out of all of the producers, Dr. Dre has the highest ratio of hot beats vs. average/whack beats.

Keep doing your thing Cal!

CALLOUS!!! said...

Once again J DoG dope evaluation!!!Really dope!!!Because this particular blog is all about the "music" and not merely "the message".But unfortunately Real Hip Hop is all about the message.And only One of Dre's Album's {& one's he has produced} were not "Gangstered" out.And that was the "Aftermath album" soon after he broke away from Death Row.He did a couple of R&B track's but they never stood the test of time. and the Aftermath CD was also one of the only album's that didn't do so well.See J as a Militant the self Genocidal murder music Dre produces does just that.Promote Death, murder,constantly Smoking weed,drinking,Pimping B!tch@s,Wh@es and tom-foolery amongst my people.Also I "personally" enjoy the 5% knowledge of self, Revolutionary mind state,& Asian melodic theme's of the RZA. It's just a matter of taste ya know???But Dre is ILL and held down the Industry on lock for like 6 year's with the G-Funk Era???And no producer can really say that.Money or not everybody was bumping Dre..lol Even me!!!hahahah!!!That is until thing's started getting out of hand with the East-coast/ West-coast beef and that is one of the reason's why Dre left Deathrow.See As artist J we are responsible for everything we put out there even Producers.Everything is a fun"Gangster Party" until somebody get's shot.So thanks again for your beautiful evaluation!!!Show your friend's my blog & maybe we can get comment's on all my post.
Peace-CALLOUS:THE FUTURISTIC MILITANT!!!