Monday, March 31, 2008

QUEEN LATIFAH,MC LYTE,& ROXANNE SHANTE 101:THE FIRST LADIES OF HIP-HOP

QUEEN LATIFAH,MC LYTE,& ROXANNE SHANTE 101:THE FIRST LADIES OF HIP-HOP
QUEEN LATIFAH,MC LYTE & ROXANNE SHANTE represent what real female M.C.'s should be.Now-a-days Female M.C.'s are all about sex,drugs,violence,MONEY and of course who is the BADDEST BITCH!!!But these 3 women were all about fighting the stereotypes.I would also like to mention one female above the rest but I will write about ISIS(LIN QUE) on a later date when I adress X-CLAN.So anyways First up is the QUEEN her majesty,QUEEN LATIFAH. Now I know all of you are saying to yourself QUEEN LATIFAH???Isn't she that actress, singer and covergirl chick rite? But back in the day QUEEN LATIFAH was a fierce lyricist!!! Man just listen to her name "QUEEN LATIFAH" man let me be blunt...QUEEN LATIFAH was PRO-BLACK!!! Yep miss hang around white boys and such was pro black!!! In her video LADIES FIRST she was actually moving around "BlACK FIST" war pieces to take over the world and to show the strength & power of black women with or without men!!!This song along with U.N.I.T.Y. cemented her as a true Afrocentric female warrior.Sadly the Queen has become what she has become today, a cover girl focusing on her acting and singing rather than being an M.C...Sad.She was so very ILL.Next is MC LYTE!!!Man I have to tell you frankly I would have put M.C.LYTE over the QUEEN (especially now)But the QUEEN is the only one of these 3 women to rock the red,black, & green and defended womankind without going overboard.Yeah U.N.I.T.Y. was a little "rough" but the Queen was the only woman standing up and saying anything about anything at that time.That makes her a pioneer.Now on to M.C. LYTE. Man M.C. LYTE was just raw!She didn't care and no body wanted to challenge her male of female!!!If RAKIM is the GODFATHER of Hip-Hop then M.C.LYTE would be the GODMOTHER of Hip-Hop not that she is better than the QUEEN but M.C.LYTE is still an M.C. and I bet if you ask most female M.C.'s witch female M.C. influenced them besides LiL Kim(who is not on this list for OBVIOUS REASONS) they would tell you M.C.LYTE. After all if they say she doesn't they sure as hell rap like her!!!Everything from her style to her "classic" raspy voice M.C.LYTE is still lyte as a rock!!!Lastly is the first female M.C. to actually battle men(to the best of my knowledge) ROXANNE SHANTE.ROXANNE was so battle ready that she battled U.T.F.O.,THE REAL ROXANNE and even BLAST MASTER KRS-ONE!!!Now that took guts!!!In my opinion she lost but heck man what guy's can handle KRS let alone a female!!!But for her courage and fortitude ROXANNE SHANTE will go down in Hip-hop history as one of the bravest female M.C.'s Of all time!!!Well here are 3 video's to represent each woman's skill.With QUEEN LATIFAH & MONIE LOVE in LADIES FIRST, M.C.LYTE in LYTE AS A ROCK, and ROXANNE SHANTE IN ROXANNE'S REVENGE

First is LADIES FIRST



Next is LYTE AS A ROCK



ROXANNE SHANTE'S REVENGE FROM BEEF 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that you put it down for some of the ladies of hiphop! Their contribution seems to always go unnoticed.

Some props should also go to Nikki D, Spinderella, The Lady of Rage, Rah Digga and a group very people have heard of The Vemons (that's a group of ladies from the Wu-Tang b-team).

I can't stand to see the ladies on stage today, Lil Kim and Foxy Brown and Khia, throwing their pussy all in the air like that's how a lady should act. They got garbage rhymes and no real talent. I wish some of these ladies would take a page out M.C. Lyte's book and rock a mic like she used to. I have been asking the question...where's the female Canibus? So far, no female MCs have stepped up, hopefully that'll change in the near future!

Oh, before I forget, huge props to Heather B another female artist holding it down.

Nice blog as always Callous, keep 'em comin'.

Caesar Johnicvs aka
3rdhoax aka
HipHop's Reset Button!

CALLOUS!!! said...

Once again Caesar you are correct!!! But you forgot to mention one of the greatest Female M.C.'s of all time...ISIS(LIN QUE)!!!From the X-CLAN!!!I actually wrote in my blog I will adress her on a later date when I adress X-CLAN. As you can see I only mentioned Lil Kim in a negative way. Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Remy Ma, Trina,Khia, and Jackie-O are just ILL Man!!! I know you got to sell records and all, but there is a line that not even rubbers can’t handle!!! LOL!!! Even ya boy CALI like’s a nice piece of Azz every once in a while but come on man these girls are not “even” sexy 2 me!!!there kind of raunchy. Man in my opinion ISIS or Rah Digga are the closest your gonna get to a Female Canibus. You remember the Venoms??? Man you have a good memory!!! There is also Queen Mother Rage and Mother Superior!!!Yeah man back in the day’s Mother Superior actually kicked knowledge with ya boy CALLOUS and she was a deep sister!!! There's also Sista Souljah,and also the borderline questionbles like Charlie Baltimore,Chyna Whyte and of course Eve. And then there is this dope sister named Tekitha from Bobby Digital's album. Now this sister can spit!!! She is on this song called Mantis!!! This sister is golden my man... truly golden!!! I’ve only heard her on one other cut on Bobby's second album. But much like HOLOCAUST Bobby keep's these M.C.'s as secret weapons! There are other female M.C.’s out there but in my opinion most use sex to sell records. Period. I’m not perfect CALLOUS loves T & A!!! And a lot of it!!! But we are not talking about T&A we are talking about M.C.’s!! Thank’s again Caesar Johnicvs aka3rdhoax aka HipHop's Reset Button!

peace & war-Professor Emertis Callous!!!