Thursday, April 16, 2009

IZ AUTO-TUNE REAL HIP-HOP???

IZ AUTO-TUNE REAL HIP-HOP???
Hmmm I don't know yall, In my personal opinion...it's suspect and questionable.Why? because there is a fine line between man and machine.And Mainly because what you can do with your “own” vocal cord’s is called “skill” and using a machine is in essence “cheating” in “certain circumstances” when someone is either just trying to be “cool” and up to date or simply can‘t sing. Now a lot of Rapper’s have been using Auto-Tune lately… Kanye West even did his entire album in Auto-Tune and Weezy uses it like clockwork. But To my amazement… I heard a Bow Wow track the other day and Nelly was using “Auto-Tune” instead of his "Own" signature style??? Now I’m not a big Nelly or Kanye Fan {by a long shot} but they did originally create there own signature style and flow.Now as I have said in the past Kanye can be dope... but then he goes all funny style on us lol!!! And to be honest??? I think when something becomes a trend it just get’s carried away and played out. Is Auto-Tune Futuristic??? Sure!!! But some of it sounds like electronic gobble-d-gook!!! lol!! Real M.C.’s use the Studio equipment to “assist” with there flow…like let's say “punching in” on a forgotten verse, but all n all it’s all the Real M.C.'s voice and not using the Studio "equipment" like a pair of crutches.Also 9 time’s out of 10 if you hear most “Real M.C.’s” in interviews you notice they have a “regular voice” and a “rapping voice“ augmenting there vocal cords any way's. Auto-Tune is the exact opposite of skill and relying on your God given abilities in my personal opinion. Now Will I ever use Auto-Tune??? Maybe. I guess Because it’s an Industry standard now, but I can do impressions and make my own voice sound Robotic and futuristic.The bottom line is Callous is a “Trend setter” not a “Trend follower” and isn’t that what Real Hip-Hop is all about anyways??? Well That's my opinion give me yours and as all way's keep it Callous!!!

2 comments:

J-DoG said...

Auto-tune is overrated and over used. We need more originality in hip-hop!!

CALLOUS!!! said...

thank's J-DoG all I'm saying is it's cool to listen to every once and a while but it's nothing compared to real life skillz.Thanks J-DoG and keep it CALLOUS 4 HIP-HOP'S SAKE!!!