Thursday, April 16, 2009

LIL WAYNE 101:THE FIREMAN!!!

LIL WAYNE 101:THE FIREMAN!!!
First let me say 3 word‘s…Smart,Clever and Funny!!! The Self proclaimed “Best Rapper Alive” is none other than “Lil Wayne” a.k.a. “Weezy Baby“. Now as of today 4-16-09 Weezy is the hottest commercial “Rapper” in the game besides Jigga.Even though his humble beginning's may have been under the amazing production of Manny Fresh,Bird Man,Cash Money Millionaires,and as one of the original member's of the Hot-Boy's... Lil Wayne has far surpassed his former colleges. Now working with multiple Industry producer's like Swiss Beats. Now a Lot of people ask me “my opinion” about “The Martian” lol and all I can do is laugh.His voice alone trip’s me out man!!!lol!!! But Unfortunately Ya boy Cali is not caught up in the hype like most people. It’s not that he’s not dope… he is. It’s just when I measure him up with the like’s of The RZA, The Wu, and CANIBUS he fall’s a little short.Now I'm not talking about “commercial rap” I’m talking about “REAL HIP-HOP” No disrespect... he has rightfully earned his position in the game and I personally put him "over" the Jigga-man but that’s not the consensus of The Rap Game rite now. Jigga is “supposedly” the man. Also as stated in my last blog the overuse of “AUTO-TUNE” is not really “REAL HIP-HOP“. He is dope so I choose my word’s very wisely. But I put him in the same league as Ludacris, Lupe’ Fiasco, and Fabulous so forth and so on. These Rapper’s have commercial success but are not lyrical, mathematical, scientific, Deep, ILL Thinker's.

See most of these "commercial rapper's" are young so they all “got heat” but just cause you “got heat” doesn’t make “YOU DEEP” LOL!!! Man I hate busting peoples bubbles like this but “REAL HIP-HOP” is a Revolutionary “thinking man’s” game and Weezy Think’s “Back n Forth” like How did diddy do it? how did I do it ?hahahahaha!!! You can’t help but laugh cause it's clever as hell !!!lol!! But it’s just not deep. Now another thing that bother’s me is him saying “I AM HIP-HOP” when he’s really more of a “commercial rapper” Sorry folk’s but as a Revolutionary I gotta keep it real Weezy has yet to “Drop knowledge” even as quiet as Common, Mos def, Talib Kweli, or even Kanye. It’s all Commercial flash, smoke, and street mirrors.I'm not Dissin ya boy but like any good magician there "skill" is to "mystify" and “trick” the audience into believing there Slicing a woman in Half lol!!! When all along there’s a secret compartment!!! Weezy is not heavy, he’s just clever. Now the name of this blog is “WHAT IZ REAL HIP-HOP” and not “WHAT IS REAL COMMERCIAL RAP” and I would not be writing about him if the consensus of Hip-Hop was not so tense around him. People usually flock to ”CLEVER” and not “COMPLEX”, but unfortunately I’m sad to say people Real Hip-Hop is “complex beyond complex” The measuring stick of “Real” Hip-Hop is Rakim, KRS 1,Rza,Wu,Canibus,Common,Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Black Thought from The Root’s,Nas and the list goes on and on. Now are any of these guy’s as hot as Weezy? Nope.Not by a long shot... But like I said before…just because you got “HEAT” doesn’t make you “DEEP” Now I’m sorry about the serious tone of this blog and I respect everything Weezy has done to revitalize the “Rap” Industry, but 9 out of 10 time's "THE RAP INDUSTRY" iz not "REAL HIP-HOP". And I have yet to hear RZA,NAS or any real hip-hop head use AUTO-TUNE LOL!!! Now if Weezy or anybody from his camp read’s this blog please take no offense I’m defending the art and the craft of our culture and these young kids need a little bit more than what you guy’s are offering at this point.

Now let’s get to the positive’s…Weezy is ON FIRE!!!!!!!!LOL!!!It started off in my opinion with his video FIREMAN and from that point on he began flipping metaphors and redefining himself as the definition of Young Swagger in the game. It’s like most kid’s today Wanna "Party like a Rock Star" and have "Swagger" like Weezy or Kanye. He’s on countless mix tapes and outshines most Rapper’s when he does collaboration’s (but haven’t you noticed he hasn’t done many if any with the brothers I just named above?Hmmm???)Maybe Kanye??? But not hardly any of these other Supreme Lyricist??? And like I said in the beginning Weezy is smart guy he’s gonna stick with thug’s n gangsters he’s not traveling far from his element, plus he’s got a great business savvy and believe it or not after earning his GED, Wayne enrolled at the University of Huston in January 2005 with plans to major in Political science To earn his degree,taking online course’s... In fact An article in Urb magazine in March 2007 asserted that Wayne had been earning high grades at Houston,but by the end of the year Wayne discontinued his education there. O.K. enough about all this technical stuff!!!lol!! Hip-Hop is "suppose" to also be about fun!!! So let’s get into three of his dopest video’s for you Weezy fan’s out there!!! First let’s start off with his jump off FIREMAN , then let’s bring yall up 2 date with A MILLI and finally a still video of one his most clever rhymes ever(in my opinion) DR.CARTER. Man… *just because you got Heat doesn’t make you Deep*Damn… Brrrr now that’s CALLOUS!!!

FIREMAN
Lil Wayne - Fireman


A MILLI
Lil Wayne - A Milli


And a still video of DR.CARTER




No comments: