Friday, January 25, 2008

RAKIM: 101 I AINT NO JOKE!!!

Yoa this comment was so dope... that I had to place it as "PART" of this BLOG!!!

Caesar Johnicvs said...
It Aint No Joke is definetly what started it all for a lot of MCs, even me. Almost every MC out there has biten at least one line from that joint because it was so innovative. Nearly, 25 years later, and that song still is as relevant as the day it was made. That joint is solidly in my 10 songs of all time....NO DOUBT! Everyone out there should go back and listen to "It Aint No Joke" and another one of Rakim's flamethrowers called "Follow the Leader"...my personal favorite. I think he just blacked out on "Follow the Leader" 'cause he just went absolutely bananas! On that one he has no real hook, just line after line after line of pure fire! Ever the video for "Follow the Leader is dope!


Good lookin' out Callous...show these fools what's up!

Caesar Johnicvs aka
3rdhoax aka
HipHop's Reset Button!


Check out My Melody, I Aint No Joke, Lyrics of Furry, Musical Massacre and of course "MY" ALL time favorite... Follow the Leader!!! Have all set a president and bench mark that have yet to be surpassed!!! PEROID!!! These song’s have set an unprecedented level of supremacy that mere mortal men could not have comprehend at the time!Only Brother J from X Clan and Big Daddy Kane are said to be the only one’s who have ever threatened RAKIM’S THROAN OF SCIENTIFIC STYLE AND KNOW HOW. Some people “SAY” that they wanted to put Big Daddy Kane up against the “R” but that is lost in the mist of HIP-HOP Folklore. Brother J from X Clan is the only man in my opinion to talk about time, space and existence even remotely "CLOSE" to The R’s level. But J was far to intellectual for most listeners. RAKIM was the first in my opinion to use 5% mathematics in a rhyme.(I could be wrong.) Saying and I quote the very gospel of the thus come one…

I take 7 mcs put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, itll take 7 more before I go for mine
And thats 21 mcs ate up at the same time

Come on yall!!!RAKIM’s VIDEO’S in my opinion could not even keep up with the MAN!!!LOL!!! Follow the Leader should have been filmed IN OUTER SPACE!!!LOL!! But technology at the time was not that advanced. Besides the “R” iz a Gangster! The way he Jacked Hip-Hop.. so I guess it fit’s!!! X-Clan’s video’s however were rite on point!!! But like I said X-CLAN and KRS ONE were on some next level intellectual sh#*! RAKIM knew how to do it ALL!!! Rock a Party, control the mic, AND Drop knowledge!!! NAS come’s close but this is the "R" man!!!Even CANIBUS the current reigning Scientific Champ rip’s it raw from the “R” when talking about time & space and in the song SPARTIBUS flat out put’s the “R” in the HOOK showing “pure” unconditional respect!!! It’s that simple. Real M.C.’s know. Ghostface Killah from the Wu-Tang Clan has a joint called Paisley Dart’s where he tell’s it like it is. Thank’s Caesar Johnicvs aka
3rdhoax aka HipHop's Reset Button! You TRULY have EARNED YOUR NAME!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned "Microphone Fiend", Rakim completely blacked out on that one!

CALLOUS!!! said...

You are quite correct Caesar!!! microphone fiend was a masterstroke!!! Like at the end when the Kid destroyed the speakers!!! *AN INSTANT CLASSIC*. However I will tell you this on a more “modern” note: Ghostface Killah from the WU TANG CLAN has a new album called THE BIG DOE REHAB that has now reaffirmed my adjacent opinion about the “R”being the "Modern Day"Godfather of Hip-Hop.Let me explain.. Ghostface Killah ,Raekwon & Method Man have a BLAZING HOT Joint called Paisley Dart’s, where they all go bananas!!!Im talking about FIRE DAWG!!!LIKE THE WU OF OLD!!! So after they finish spitting that “Fire” Ghostface add's insult to all of his opponent injury!!!He cut’s to concert footage CALLING EVERY BODY OUT!!! EXCEPT!! none other than(in my opinion) the “Modern Day” Godfather of "REAL" Hip-Hop RAKIM!!!It’s like this people.. to us “REAL” M.C.’s Hip-Hop did not “get serious” until the “R” arrived!!! Some people get it, while most don’t.!!!The Respect and reverence we show to RAKIM is unwavering!!!Like I have said so many many times before RAKIM is like a GOD to us REAL M.C’s and according to the 5% religion he iz ONE!!!Like I said everybody is entitled to there opion.. BUT THIS IS THE “R” MAN!!! All of us who take this game seriously "ARE" in fact MICROPHONE FIEND’S!!! Thank’s Caesar and as the mighty AFRIKA BAMBAATAA once said PUSH THE BUTTON!!!On my homeboy Caesar Johnicvs a.k.a. 3ed hoax Hip Hop’s Reset Button!!! Oh and do yourself a "great" "service" and go to you tube and listen to this still picture“ILL” joint PAISLEY DARTS!!! paisley, paisley hmmm that “SOUND’S” a little bit like…I don’t know.. “Hawian silky” SHIRTS?? dart’s threw shirts…Hmm I’m just giving yall something to think about!!!
NOW THAT’S CALLOUS!!!
Peace-CALLOUS:THE ULTIMATE RESEARCHER !!!