Saturday, March 15, 2008

COMMON,MOS DEF,TILB KWELI & {PRE AUTO-TUNED OUT}KANYE WEST101:BROTHERS IN ARMS

COMMON,MOS DEF,TILB KWELI & {PRE AUTO-TUNED OUT} KANYE WEST 101:BROTHERS IN ARMS
Well… rather than talk about these 4 gentlemen separately, I will talk about them as one unit. These 4 men are impressive enough alone. But as a unit they represent the modern day “new school” of “quiet” revolutionary. I talk about them as a unit because threw out each of their sorted history they have had each others back and helped the others careers. COMMON comes in first because of his ability to capture the heart’s of “The People” with his smooth revolutionary melodic flow. Also because he is the most clever and has the highest endurance. His on stage performance’s are also out of this world!!! Even now COMMON & TILB KWELI usually perform together. Now COMMON’S road to success and drive for respect would be a long one. COMMON’S first album in 1992 was called “Can I borrow a dollar” Then came 1994 release of “Resurrection” followed by 2000 “Like water for Chocolate” all three have received widespread critical acclaim but like most of his albums had received moderate commercial success. Then came 2002: Electric Circus & Then 2005’s “Be” and then his best of COMMON Album “Thisisme then” then 2007’s Finding Forever .But it wasn’t until 2008‘s: The Believer with the help of KANYE’S production and “ROC STAR POWER” that he finally received the props he rightfully deserved!!! MOS DEF & TILB KWELI would start out together as the group BLACK STAR on RAWKUS RECORDS and like I have said before they had each others back. They would ultimately release solo albums but in my opinion COMMON’S road to success was far more significant as the point man. Now on to the more complex success of Kanye West. Kanye West would spend the majority of his early career as a producer. Even though all he wanted to do was flow!!! He would ultimately be sent hither and tether from record label to record label trying to become a rapper until he arrived at Roc-a-fella Records as a producer. The bottom line It would take the support of “all” of his “friend’s” in the Industry to put out his first album The College Dropout (2004) out. The Roc had so little faith in him that Kanye had to pay for his fist video “Threw the wire” out of his own pocket!!! Even until this day Jay-Z hold’s his stance that he only wanted Kanye for his “beats” even after the Grammy’s and all the critical acclaim. Not that Grammy’s matter to ya boy CALLOUS... but Kanye dose have his own notch.{pre-auto-tune} In my personal opinion Kanye’s affiliation with the Roc{at the time} helped him and his boys gain the much deserved commercial success that each have attained. That and Kanye’s amazing production!!! So I guess this disrespect was {& is} well worth it. He would then put out Late Registration (2005) and Graduation (2007)I’m not a “die hard” Kanye West fan because of his affiliation with the ROC & Auto-tune but I respect his Revolutionary mind set, diligence, style, and lyrical fortitude!!! But like I said before I look at all these brothers in arm’s as one unit so Kanye's eclectic "style" is a “highly” necessary component. I do respect his clever flow and his production, so in the larger scheme of thing‘s Kanye dose deserve his place in Real Hip-Hop‘s Hall of Fame.Also more importantly I respect his drive."BUT" Let me put this out there so every one can understand. CALLOUS has never been impressed with Grammy’s or awards because the “best” usually don’t get them.In my opinion CANIBUS is the Scientific Champ and if we based these awards on talent & skill on who was the best… CANIBUS would have a closet full of Grammy’s!!!LOL!!! CALLOUS respect’s a revolutionary mind set, depth, scientific know how, and lyrical skill That usually confuses most people.And unfortunately that usually mean’s little commercial success. Kanye has said himself on more than one occasion that his production was most influenced by the RZA!!! So even with his elaborate commercial success he acknowledges the RULER Zig Zag Zig ALLAH!!! Like I have been saying all along RZA is one of the greatest Real Hip-Hop producer's of all time!!!And If you don’t believe me look up Kenye's "name" up on Wikipedia. I’m not saying that CALLOUS is right about everything, I just do my research as THE "ULTIMATE" RESEARCHER!!! But this BLOG POST is not about THE RZA or THE CANIBUS-MAN it’s about THE BROTHERS IN ARMS. So in closing let me say this… as CALLOUS I refuse to ignore “greatness” with or without commercial success. And ultimately brothers like Common,Mos Def, & Tilb Kweli who drop knowledge are the one's I respect {but are usually over the average listeners head}I mean.. Look at how long it took COMMON to get his props!!! I'm just saying that when you actually talk about what’s going on in this world people ignore these problem’s like “The Elephant” in the room!!! So with that said & done enjoy these 4 video’s of 4 of the best "Knowledge droppers" today with COMMON’S “THE PEOPLE” MOS DEF’S“OH NO”, TILB KWELI’S “LISTEN!!!”,& KANYE WEST’S FUTURISTIC MASTERPIECE “STRONGER”WHOOOO NOW THAT RESEARCH WAS CALLOUS!!!COME ON PEOPLE I CANT EVEN MAKE THIS SHIT UP!!!IT’S JUST 2 REAL!!!NOW KEEP IT CALLOUS!!!

SO HERE’S COMMON’S “THE PEOPLE”
common - we the people



AND MOS DEF IN “OH NO”




AND TALIB KWELI'S “LISTEN!!!”




AND FINALLY KANYE WEST FUTURISTIC MASTERPIECE “STRONGER”
Stronger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Callous you forgot to mention Common's album "One Day It'll All Make Sense". To me, that's his best album. Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu shows up on that piece. Even Canibus makes an appearance on it. Later on in an interview, Common said he wished he had wrote his verse over after Canibus was done, because Canibus outshined him on his own song. If I had to pick my favorite from these four, Common is definetly #1.

I've been down with Talib Kweli since "2000 Seasons"...remember that joint? That's his first song he did with Rawkus even before that Lyricist Lounge CD. Talib kweli is dope. Remember when he said he wanted to rhyme like Common Sense? He completed the circle.

Mos Def gets slept on too much. You actually have to pay attention to his rhymes because he'll say one thing but it'll mean something totally different. Most people don't even get it. Just like Canibus Mos Def is way too far ahead for most people. Did you get Mos Def's last album? That shit was bananas.

To be honest with you I'm not really a fan of Kanye West. I don't really have much to say about him. Although I do like that song with him and Nas called "We Major" but that's about it.

Good Looking out!

Caesar Johnicvs aka
3rdhoax aka
HipHop's Reset Button!

CALLOUS!!! said...

Damn caesar thanks a lot brother I did miss that one!!! And just like I stated in my blog COMMON is the point man. He has more album's than the rest and he "is" the for runner!!! Now.. who really want's to be on a track and write their verse "AFTER" the CANIBUS MAN???NEGRO PLEASE!!!L.L. had to try and “trick” the CANIBUS-MAN and omit CANIBUS'S verse and put his come back verse on 4,3,2,1!!!Man I would "NEVER" and I do mean "NEVER" follow up after CANIBUS he would have to write his verse first or I would not be on the track at all!!! AND IM ILL!!! But that is why CANIBUS is the Scientific Champion!!! Now as I have stated before MOS DEF & TALIB KWELI are in a league of their own and sometime‘s outshine even COMMON.I recently went to a COMMON ERYKA BADU performance and TALIB KWELI was the secret performer not placed on the roster. So when he came out the whole place went completely Bananas!!! COMMON may have more to say… but TALIB can rap almost as fast as TWISTA!!! It was totally ridicules!!! And in hindsight That is why I put KANYE WEST last. Because I fell the same way about him as you do. I’m not a really big fan of his work but he does have his place in their unit!!! And once again you are correct MOS DEF is slept on, like most dope M.C.'s are!!! As I stated in my blog before because of their intelligence level. And just like RAKIM, RZA,CANIBUS, BLACK THOUGHT or BROTHER J from X CLAN they sometimes speak way over peoples heads!!! Hell I speak over peoples head's on purpose!!! Why hold back??? Because some uneducated people don't get it??? Naw man you got to bring your A-game to the show!!! Now as far as Kanya goes I believe that his “elaborate production” is what throws him over the top!! !He has skill's don't get me wrong!!! But compared to the other 3???well let's just say he is a necessary evil to push the rest into commercial success with his 6% of separation and affiliation with the ROC.
Damn thanks Caesar Johnicvs aka
3rdhoax aka HipHop's Reset Button!!!that was dope!!! and with your help I will remain THE ULTIMATE RESEARCHER!!! and remember like the Joker said in the first Batman to his henchman Bob..REMEMBER...YOU (breath)ARE MY #1 (breath) GUY!!!!Now don't forget your lucky deck!!!
peace-CALLOUS:THE FUTURISTIC MILITANT!!!