Thursday, March 13, 2008

NAS 101:ETHER

NAS 101:ETHER
NOW In our ”deepest” & “darkest” hour only “one man” has stepped up to the plate. NAS. While others scurried in the shadows like “rats” against the “Hit maker” Jay-Z, NAS took it strait to the Jigga man!!! And not only did he defeat him, but he made him retire for a short period.(In my personal opinion) Some will argue that Jigga went on to bigger & better things like becoming the president of Def Jam,But if that was the "truth" why did he step down and return to rapping??? But check it we all know the truth. Because in most (not all)Hip-hop circles Jigga got flat out embarrassed!!!And the result for most ”REAL” Hip-Hoppers it was a masterstroke!!! Man to put it plain We cheered as Jigga got dismantled, defused and destroyed!!! With song’s like “ONE MIC”, “MADE YOU LOOK” ,and my personal all time favorite “ETHER” NAS will go down in history as one of the best “counter” battle rappers ever to pick up a mic!!! I mean Jigga would say on so many occasions I got 6 model chicks 6 bottles of criss and 6 bla bla bla whatever. NAS dropped him cold with his responce “ONE MIC”!!! Then "MADE YOU LOOK” & the ultimate crescendo “ETHER”!!! Unfortunately the road to NAS’S success has not been without controversy. In my personal opinion he has only mis-stepped once or twice.I mean I loved “IF I RULED THE WORLD” and later "REWIND" but The first mis-step he ever made was with the song and video ”HATE ME NOW” To most it is said to be a classic Anti-Jealousy hit for the term “PLAYER HATER” But ya boy CALLOUS just saw Puff Daddy and *click* I have never been a fan of “the jewelry” or “Shiny suites”!!! I’m a Hip-Hop purest So that was kind of a mis-step. Also morphing himself into Pac did not set well with me either.. And carrying the cross on his back as if he were “JESUS”??? I could write a whole nother blog on this subject. But regardless of these minor mis-steps NAS’s first album ILLMATIC 1994 is considered to be one of Hip-Hop histories greatest golden classics. Getting the highest rank in the Source.. 5 mic’s!!! Plus The Braveheart also reps Queensbridge without batting a lash. This is admirable in my eyes because I fell the same way about my hometown Detroit. Nasir dose mean “helper” or “protector” so I guess the title “fits” about “protecting” his city. I mean even though he dropped out in the 8th grade, NAS is said to be "one" of the most intelligent self educated men on the planet with knowledge of self. Unfortunately in retrospect NAS does spew negative energy like “GOT YOURSELF A GUN” promoting brother’s to carry “HEAT” against each other instead of putting the gun’s down. Also “POSION” is another dope classic but then he rep’s “the coke snifters”!!!on countless times. This is why he is not a contender for “The R’s title as godfather of Hip-Hop“ Plus he’s too young. But this blog is not about my personal opinion it’s about the facts, and with so very “few” revolutionary conscience rappers around now a days what dose a few commercial mis-steps matter??? Hip-Hop is suppose to be about the love and not the money, but you need money to promote and create. He did however admit to the “sway of materialism” in a song he did with one of the Marly brothers, so he has tried to atone for this worldly ways. He knows what he did was wrong. But hey in his defense only one man to ever walk the planet earth was without sin and they crucified him!!! In closing most people are in an uproar now about NAS’S new album NIGGER. Not CALLOUS If he dose it rite. Because more and more of “my people” act like niggers instead of “The King’s & Queens” that they really are!!! Also with his impressive discography of 1994:ILLMATIC 1996: IT WAS WRITTEN 1999: I AM 1999:NASTRADAMUS 2001:STILLMATIC 2002: THE LOST TAPES 2002: GOD’S SON 2004:STREET’S DISCIPLE 2006:HIP-HOP IS DEAD and the up coming 2008: NIGGER You can’t argue with NAS’S effort to give his people knowledge of self.Unfortunately I couldn't find any real dope video's for EITHER only a fan produced video.But after all like NAS say's it only takes “ONE MIC”!!!

nas one mic





10-8-09 In my opinion regardless of the VMA's lol!,Tending on Twitter or appearing on Opra LMAO! Jigga will be forever ETHERED! NEW FAN VIDEO OF BEST QUALITY...Look up the word "ETHER" in the Urban Dictionary.It's the worst way 2 be defeated in REAL HIP-HOP!WORD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had one word to describe Nas, that word would be: "Brilliant"!

When I first picked up "Illmatic" and heard "NY State of Mind" I became a fan.

He can take it anywhere you want to go. He used his "street mind" with songs like "Respresent" and "Undying Love". Then he used his imagination on "I Gave you Power" and Rewind". Then he battled MCs with "Ether". He can bring to you at any different angle, that's why he's in my top 10 MCs of all time.

Caesar Johnicvs aka
3rdhoax aka
HipHop's Reset Button!

CALLOUS!!! said...

Once again Caesar you are correct. NAS is very versatile!!! NAS is without a shadow of a doubt positioned in my TOP 10!!! That is why I only write about the best of the best. Unfortunately ya boy CALLOUS did not become a fan of NAS until EITHER. From that point on I went back into his archives and realized hope “dope” this brother really was. The main thing that turned me away from NAS from the jump, was his street rhetoric on gun’s and selling drug’s or giving props to junkies and such. Why you ask??? Because CALLOUS iz a die hard militant and I don’t condone any of these things. But all that was put to bed when he made EITHER and DESTROYED THE JIGGA MAN!!! Then when I heard “ONE MIC”,“REWIND“, & “MADE YOU LOOK” I believed he upped the anti in Hip-Hop. “REWIND” was so dope and innovative that I was almost embarrassed that I didn’t give this brother his prop’s from the jump street!!! As far as “NY State of mind” goes... as I have stated before NAS is a diligent “protector” of Queen’s and New York. I respect that because I feel the same about my hometown of Detroit. He also impressed me with “I KNOW I CAN” turbulent waters no m.c. today dares to address.That is except Trick Daddy sayin TRICK LOVES THE KIDS!!!Please. My top 10 is #1 RAKIM, #2CANIBUS, #3 THE RZA, #4KRS ONE, #5L.L.(even though he fears CANIBUS) #6BROTHER J(From X-CLAN), #7 REDMAN, #8 METHOD MAN, #9NAS, and #10 BLACK THOUGHT(From THE ROOTS) Now this list changes from time to time like when someone like Andre 3000, DMX, or any of the Wu step up their game, like GHOSTFACE did in his current hit “Paisley Dart’s”, at that point some of the older cat’s get pushed to the side & I put them on it. EXCEPT THE “R”, CANIBUS & THE RZA!!!They are there to stay!!! NAS would be higher on the list but like I said before in my Blog, he has had a few mis-step’s. People try to get at him for Oochie Wally but please!!! That track was dope!!! and what man doesn’t like the Ladies???and if they "don't" they must be fruity!!! Well as always thanks 4 your comment’s Caesar Johnicvs3rdhoax aka HipHop's Reset Button!!! and with that said ROME IZ BURNING and CAERSAR IZ ON FIRE!!! peace-CALLOUS:THE ULTIMATE REASEACHER